Hello from America

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Tyler Fothergill

Hello from America

Post by Tyler Fothergill »

Hello,

I am a fourth year college student studying my undergrad in aerospace logistics and management. I attended three years in a pre-engineering school while in high school and have two years of aerospace engineering under my belt. I have a deep interest in human space flight, bio-engineering, electronics, programming, and of course nuclear physics.

So far I have done small projects in all my interests except nuclear. I taught myself programming, I have brewed mead, I have built a slayer exciter, a 3D printer, and a very very crude "ion engine". I hope to build a fusor one day, but I am very cautious and hope to have some guidance in ensuring it is a safe endeavor (or as safe as producing table top fusion can be).

I currently work in a government supplier for NASA, the Navy, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and the Air Force. I am a quality inspector, and have had the privilege of holding SLS / Orion spacecraft circuitry. Yes, I geek out every time. I am also the president/founder of a student lead organization focused on space exploration. We have made some waves, but we are still getting on our feet.

Though I have an interest in nuclear physics; I am still very new to the science and am here to learn all I can.

Thank you,
-Tyler Fothergill

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”