Greetings from Indiana

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Mike Wilson

Greetings from Indiana

Post by Mike Wilson »

I have been visiting this site for more than a year now and have finally decided to register an account. I am currently working in Fort Wayne, IN as an electrical/computer engineer.

This site has been a great source of information on fusion and I will probably have a few questions when I get around to starting the construction of a fusor. I am not sure if I am planning on attempting to make it into the neutron club, I've got my sites set on the plasma club though.

Best of luck to everyone.

-Mike Wilson
Richard Hull

Re: Greetings from Indiana

Post by Richard Hull »

Mike, Welcome. As you may know the fusor was born and first created in Fort Wayne on Pontiac street at the ITT/Farnworth plant there. I have traveled up there three times in the late 90's and early 2000's to interview what remained of the Farnsworth family and team members who were present and part of the original fusor project. All have since passed away. I am glad I got the chance to interview all of them. Got a lot of data. On my last interview trip, both Paul Schatskin (Th' Perfesser), and I went up together. Back in 1998 I got a tour of the plant and old labs conducted by three of the old team members. All gone now.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”