Spherical Tokomak

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Anonymous101

Spherical Tokomak

Post by Anonymous101 »

First off, I want to apologize for my disobeying of this forum’s rules. I understand that you want a full name and a topic in the introduction area, but I’m not going to be a regular here and I really just wanted to ask a general question to you guys that have more experience than I in the amateur nuclear engineering field.

My question is, would it be possible (within reason) to build a spherical tokamak fusion reactor, like the ST-40?

As you all know, a fusor isn’t exactly the most efficient device, and it’s been studied for so long that it doesn’t seem like there’s hope that it will ever become more efficient. I’d like to be able to build something less “investigated,” and I found tha factor in the spherical tokamak.

If it is possible, what would the basic requirements be? Where can I find more information, since this forum isn’t for tokamaks?
Richard Hull

Re: Spherical Tokomak

Post by Richard Hull »

You cannot build a "tokomak" or a Tokamak impossible, and as you requested, no reason given.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Re: Spherical Tokomak

Post by Frank Sanns »

Normally, Richard (in his own words) is the garbage man and I am the invisible axe man behind these kind of posts disappearing before many of you see them. This time, instead of instantly deleting, I would like to make a comment about these kinds of posts.

1. There is a reason that we ask that you use at least your real first name. It is how we can interface personally instead of in internet "code"
2. There is a reason for forum introductions. It is how we can understand your background so we can respond appropriately.
3. Rules are there for guidance and decorum.
4. People that break the rules sell everybody short.
5. Anonymous login is not really anonymous. We know your IP or your VPN, type of device you are using to access the forum, your operating system and much more. Not very anonymous.
6. Not following the rules that everybody has no problem following is insulting to those that do and are part of this forum. Glad you are above everybody else.
7. Virally mentioning some tangential business is just not cool or it is inept at best.
8. There is a huge wealth of information contained in this forum and its members. Since what you asked is related to fusion, it is exactly the kind of technical conversation that would have yielded a wealth of information on this site.
9. Not only did you miss the wealth of information but you missed a chance at collaboration with you and personal contact with some really smart and interesting people.

Of course, since you are above the rules, did not think us worthy of a technical contribution, we say goodbye to an immature, not very bright, anonymous internet surfer. You shall never even understand what opportunities you missed here. Oh, and with the slim chance that you do actually come back to the site to see what your bait has found, you will find that your account is deactivated.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS

Return to “New User Chat Area”