Buying a used vacuum pump

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
ian_krase

Re: Buying a used vacuum pump

Post by ian_krase » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:45 am

I was thinking more of orthodox vacuum industry pumps (still quite portable) like my 2 cfm Pfeiffer, backing pumps inside some leak detectors, etc.

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Re: Buying a used vacuum pump

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:50 pm

Any brand name, well known scientific pump manufacturer's pump is OK, as they known their market and what is expected of their pumps. Still one must be careful of used pumps, regardless of brand name, as I note in the FAQs. It is sad that most folks selling them know nothing of scientific vacuum needs...... But that is the way it is.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.