X radiation exposition

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Sarvesh Sadana

Re: X radiation exposition

Post by Sarvesh Sadana » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:24 am

I was under the impression that the amount of input power was governed by Ohm's law, and as such, it would be impossible to dump 50kV into a fusor at such high pressure and low current.

Would you mind attaching pictures of your current setup?

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Re: X radiation exposition

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:16 am

A 50kv demo fusor! I doubt there is any good instrumentation on this system and no real images or data put forth on the system, its power supply or instrumentation. Sounds unbelievably whacky to me.

A good ion chamber setup for x-ray detection is the real time true arbiter here. Dosimeters only tell you what you got after the fact.

No real data or images of all systems involved here gets no real help from me as it is just not likely the numbers given are correct using good techniques.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.