Will this deuterium generator work well?

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Yang Minju

Will this deuterium generator work well?

Post by Yang Minju » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:49 pm

(I am not an English speaker, so I might have a problem with my writing. sorry!)

I've been busy for a while, and I'm back here now......with many problem.

Since purchasing deuterium gas is hard work anywhere in the world, I decided to electrolyze heavy water.
Then, I searched the design of the Deuterium Generator in the forum and got the answers I wanted.
(link viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9435&hilit=electrolysis)
This is the PEM Fuel Cell electrolysis device, I have modified it to suit me.
(I confess, I just changed some parts...Thank you very much for your design offer! anyway, I attached rough draft.)
Plan.png
And.....here are some simple questions.

Could this design enough to bear the power of vacuum? forum people say it's possible....but I'd like to know more about it.

I plan to use a 9$ Pyrex bottle with a plastic lid as oil bottles.
If I seal the lid and bottle well(glue gun, silicon, or vacuum grease), is it okay to keep the vacuum?

Does this design require a gas regulator? (I don't think it needed....)

lastly, Can the high-pressure needle valve be used as a vacuum valve?

Please let me know if you have any other design problems or tips! (But wait, can I post this kind of question here?)
thanks! 좋은 하루 되세요!

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Re: Will this deuterium generator work well?

Post by Richard Hull » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:34 am

Your system will work. It has been done here already by several people in this forum. No regulator will be needed as there will be no pressures high enough in the gas collection system to require a regulator. A simple metering valve will do to control the gas flow from your glass gas storage tank.

There are posts here in using heavy water to make D2 gas for a fusor.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Yang Minju

Re: Will this deuterium generator work well?

Post by Yang Minju » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:50 am

I could not use my computer yesterday and did not see the answer. I'm really sorry.
But, I'm very glad to know that this design works well thanks to your answer. Thanks!
(And I thought I had searched a lot of posts, but it was not.... I promise to look for much more post before I ask.)