Fusioneers in San Jose CA & Troubleshooting

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Samuel Berman

Fusioneers in San Jose CA & Troubleshooting

Post by Samuel Berman » Thu May 03, 2018 11:56 pm

Hi, I'm just wondering of there is anyone in/near San Jose doing fusion. The reason I ask is that I have a mechanical pump that I purchased on ebay as well as a gauge. However, when I measure the vacuum produced by my pump my gauge reads atmospheric (its a thermocouple). So, I have no way of knowing whether the problem is from my gauge or my pump. I was wondering whether there is anyone nearby that could test my equipment or whether there is a better way of identifying the problem. Also, I'm just interested in who in nearby.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't make."

Adam Binns

Re: Fusioneers in San Jose CA & Troubleshooting

Post by Adam Binns » Fri May 04, 2018 4:10 am

maybe look for a hackerspace/Makerspace in your area as they might have a vacuum pump and/or gauge that you could test it with.
"it's not illegal just don't get caught"

ian_krase

Post by ian_krase » Fri May 04, 2018 7:04 am

I am in the area (actually work in San Jose) and my pump (and gauge) are portable. I could potentially see you during my lunch break or after work some day.

Samuel Berman

Post by Samuel Berman » Sun May 06, 2018 10:24 pm

Thanks for the offer. I sent you an email.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't make."