Inner grid size assessment

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Richard Hull
Site Admin

Re: Inner grid size assessment

Post by Richard Hull » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:21 am

Wow! that #5 was a presentation to the local chapter of the American Nuclear Society that I am a member of, given back in 2009. I never put it on line! I wonder how it got there? I did share the presentation with a friend in the ANS. I guess he must have posted it somewhere.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:48 am

Richard,
I guess from the tone that you aren't too upset that it is out there in an obscure archive.

That #5 has some interesting pictures of old rad-related stuff. I assume the nerd picture was just generic and not actually you?
Rex Allers

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:20 pm

The nerd was indeed generic, but not too far off base representation of me back in the late 50's and early 60's.

No, I was not upset at all over my old ANS power point stuff being on the internet, just surprised.

I do collect a decent amount of really early GM instruments of the "Uranium Boom" of the 50's. Some few prized instruments, I have converted to modern switcher supplies to avoid the two required 67.5v batteries, but the tube circuity is still used, naturally. The huge space for the two batteries is used for the modern 130 volt HV supply, so the instruments are, in effect original and undisturbed.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.