Professors near me?

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Ameen Aydan

Professors near me?

Post by Ameen Aydan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:38 pm

Does anyone have any idea of a professed that may aid in my attempt of building a fusor? I am from Hamilton, Ontario. I know that the university next to me owns a nuclear reactor (fission), but from there, I am completely clueless. Does anyone know any body who can help to get up and running.

Dennis P Brown

Re: Professors near me?

Post by Dennis P Brown » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:08 am

Glad to hear your interested in fusors. This is the place to start. Next, you need to read the FAQ's in the various areas offered here and get a good idea of what a fusor is, what parts there are, how they are assembled, and finally, rough ideas on the construction/operation. After that, one is ready to ask specific questions on how to really get started - which is, rather easy at that point - you buy components and assemble. As for getting help from a university, best to ask any specific questions here after you read/understand the FAQ's, for the most part.

Ameen Aydan

Re: Professors near me?

Post by Ameen Aydan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Oh, I have been here for three months now. I understand the components and concepts involving fusion at this point. I have even 3D modeled my chamber and have all my components ready for buying on a spreadsheet. My only question was about a professor since I don’t want to jump strait into a field like this as I don’t have very good background in nuclear physics.

Ameen