Materials List

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
David Conway

Materials List

Post by David Conway » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:32 pm

Attached is the start of my materials list with price estimates and ebay links / etc. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Attachments
fusorpartsdc.xlsx
(26.69 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

Niels Geerits

Re: Materials List

Post by Niels Geerits » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Hey David,

My Fusor is not complete but I noticed a few things in your list. You can do cheaper on your high vacuum pump. I got an old turbo for 150$ and restored it + built the driver for it for about 100$. For the pressure just get an MKS901P, you can get them for around 50$ and they have built in read out electronics which communicate with your computer via RS232 serial. And if you are going to use serial comm with a pc you might as well use a webcam for viewing 20-30$ and you got a decent webcam. High Voltage 30kV @ 20mA is going to be a bit more than 200$ AFAIK, unless you are going for one of those precipitator supplies. Also you could save on vacuum stuff if you opt for KF50 6 way cross (its a bit smaller) instead of CF 5 way cross.