HV feedthrough purchase problems

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Yang Minju

HV feedthrough purchase problems

Post by Yang Minju » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:26 am

Hello.
I have recently almost finished preparing the parts for the fusor except feedthrough.

I bought leaded viewport and 30Kv 2.75" CF feedthrough in KJL, but I did not write down the name of my group by mistake, and they sent an email saying that they can't ship to 'None' unless reply my group name... So I wrote down my high school name and replied to the email address, but my KJL account 'None' did not change after 4 days. Maybe there is a problem with my email(3 months ago they asked me same thing and I reply that, but 'None' is still remained. Should I use gmail?), but whether it is right or not, I think the product will not arrive in three weeks.

I have to complete the fusor in three weeks, is there another place to quick buy 30Kv feedthrough? (eBay, duniway, etc.)
If not, I plan to make feedthrough with quick-coupling and alumina tubes.

Thanks!

p.s. Does anyone have unnecessary 2.75" CF feedthrough? I can buy a little more expensive!

Jerry Biehler

Re: HV feedthrough purchase problems

Post by Jerry Biehler » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:10 am

Call them. Do not rely on email.

Yang Minju

Post by Yang Minju » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Sadly, my English listening and speaking skills will not be able to talk... On second thought, I'd better make it myself.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:24 pm

I've made all of mine and they work great; availability of very low cost but high performance glass drill sets are simply amazing.

Pablo Llaguno

Post by Pablo Llaguno » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:13 pm

Dennis P Brown wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:24 pm
I've made all of mine and they work great; availability of very low cost but high performance glass drill sets are simply amazing.
How do you make them? Do you sandwich a lot of glass disks with a conductor in the middle epoxied in?