Neutron Counter

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Cristiano_Machado

Neutron Counter

Post by Cristiano_Machado »

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone already used a "Russian Geiger NEUTRON Counter SNM-14 SNM14"? It is on sale on eBay.

I read Bob Higgins paper on corona tubes, and the FAQs on neutron detection, but couldn't find someone that used this type of tube. I found an old topic about it, but it is not clear if it works.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6191&p=41062&hilit=SNM14#p41062

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this type of question.

Cristiano
Cristiano_Machado

Re: Neutron Counter

Post by Cristiano_Machado »

Hello,

I bought a CHM-14 tube and I plan to use Bob Higgins' paper to develop the neutron counter system. I would like to know if any one has used this tube before?

I am a bit afraid, because the reference paper that came with the tube, specified that its shelf life time is 5 years (minimum), but this piece is 32 years old!

Thank you for your help.

Cristiano
IMG_1622.jpg

Return to “New User Chat Area”