An ion source link

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Rex Allers

An ion source link

Post by Rex Allers »

Since Richard just created a new FAQ about ion guns, it reminded me of a nice project shared on these forums. I thought I'd post a link. Do you think this is appropriate to add to the FAQ thread?

(For now, I didn't want to stimulate more random discussion in the FAQ, which shouldn't be cluttered up.)

"Anode layer ion source. Operation pictures"
Post by Andrew Seltzman » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:47 pm
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5011&hilit=source#p32319

A nice detailed project that started in 2009 and has continued through now (2019).

As I recall, this one doesn't use a filament.

Oh, by the way, the terms ion and gun are too short to search for with the forum search. Makes it a little harder to find.
Rex Allers
Richard Hull

Re: An ion source link

Post by Richard Hull »

Anything that expands directly the value of a FAQ is a fine reply. It should not be intended to lead the FAQ into a rolling discussion.
Anything that corrects a possible error in a FAQ is a fine reply topic. No one is perfect.

That ion gun FAQ was created by me in 2010 and I just updated it to be a bit more clear as well as erased a couple of replies that forced me to update the FAQ.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “New User Chat Area”