Frank Sanns in the hospital!

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Andrew Robinson

Frank Sanns in the hospital!

Post by Andrew Robinson » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:31 am

Dear Fusor.net,

Many of us here are dear friends of Mr. Frank Sanns. I'm writing you all to let you know that Frank will not be attending HEAS this year as he has been hospitalized due to heart trouble. He is ok, but please read on...

"I had an abrupt encounter with the heart widow maker complete with arrhythmias. I have the burns of seven paddle shocks, most up to the full 360 joules, on my chest. Now I know what a quarter feels when getting shrunk. It was a very rough ride. I was either awake or was oob viewing it all. I kept telling the big guys doing chest compressions that I was awake but they kept going as I was in and out. My torso is quite sore from the ordeal."

I have been corresponding with him, so you should know, he is doing ok at this point. He is still in the hospital and received a second stent today. He seems to be doing well and is in good spirits. When asked if I could relay his condition to all of you, I received the following, initially humorous then slightly darker response:

"I have no objection I guess considering I absorbed around 2,300 joules in under 30 min and it may be a Fusor group record lol. A 150J pulse, that wasn't too bad, a 250J pulse, that was very stiff but still didn’t work. Then a series of five 360J pulses over several minutes that were insanely harsh (multiple burns on my chest) before they could line me out. I only survived 2 of those and fortunately or unfortunately was dead for the rest."

He seems to be doing better, but it sounds like they are keeping him a few more days. Please everyone keep him in your thoughts.

Frank if you're reading this from your hospital bed, we're all pulling for you and will miss you this year at HEAS!
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Re: Frank Sanns in the hospital!

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:40 am

Frank e-mailed me early this morning. I know we all wish him well. He should have his stent in by now, and be on his way to recovery.
His smiling face and great sense of humor will be sorely missed by all who know him.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Rich Feldman

Post by Rich Feldman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Frank, I'll miss you at HEAS. Appreciate your first-hand account of designer electric shocks. Get well quick!
Richard Feldman

Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 pm

Sorry I will not get to catch up with you Rich. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Enjoy the HEAS and hello to everybody down there. It is tough sitting this out but there was zero chance I could have been a passenger to get there. Just too soon afterward.

Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Wish him a speedy recovery!

Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:55 pm

My timing for this health scare came just before the HEAS. It was probably for the better as had I been driving or in a remote area, I would most likely not have survived. As it was, it was a battle that was nearly lost but for some reason, I was spared and am grateful.

A few days ago, I received a mysterious cardboard tube in the mail from Andrew Robinson. Knowing the kind of crowd at the HEAS, I was not sure if I should break out a Geiger counter or some other diagnostic probe but somehow I felt like this one was ok to come into the house. lol.

In the tube was a poster board with get well messages and kind greetings from those of you attending the HEAS. It was REALLY touching and helpful to receive such a gift from so many of you. The timing was perfect and the messages showed me how great the people are that in my life; many which I have met through the HEAS.

Thank you all very much.

Frank

Andrew Robinson

Post by Andrew Robinson » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:02 pm

IMG_20181019_091034.jpg
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:24 am

I talked for a good extended phone call the other day with Frank. His spirits are high and he is working at getting back into the swing of things. I look forward to seeing him next year at HEAS for sure, if not before on a visit if he is in the area. I am sure we wish him the best of health and a speedy return to his old vigorous self.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.