A proposal..or a rant...probably both?

Administration forums. These are mostly old posts that are no longer relevant. It also contains numerous files that were not located in the proper forums by the original authors. As such, it is a smattering of just about everything. This is a Read Only section. No new posts or replies are permitted.
Jack Puntawong

Re: A proposal..or a rant...probably both?

Post by Jack Puntawong » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:12 am

I've just notice this post so if it's not too late for a suggestion. I would suggest:

1. After someone has register and log in for the first time, they should be directed to a few page which teach you how to use this forum (using your real name, etc) and to use the FAQ properly. This might sound stupid but fusor.net was the first forum that I ever use. So, I didn't know where the FAQ were at first and the structure of a forum might overwhelmed me.

2. In the teaching page, there should be a small list of the proper behavior that are acceptable and unacceptable (new user chat, posting "eBay", etc) because the rule varies from forum to forum. So, people might behave the way that is acceptable in other forum but not ours. I sympathize with them.

cheers!

Jack Puntawong

Andrew Robinson

Post by Andrew Robinson » Thu May 07, 2015 7:40 pm

Sorry Jack, this topic is closed.
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!

Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns » Thu May 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Did I miss something or why do we want a thread that is on track and only three months old closed?

Jack, good points. We have more to discuss on all of this.

Andrew Robinson

Post by Andrew Robinson » Thu May 14, 2015 11:33 pm

I assumed it closed long ago as it seemed there was no drive to move forward on any option we were discussing. Plus the conversation just dropped out. It wasn't until just now in your latest post about the recent changes that might resurect this topic. I hope everyone will come back to this discussion and pick up where we left off.
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!