Members in Hawai'i?

Administration forums. These are mostly old posts that are no longer relevant. It also contains numerous files that were not located in the proper forums by the original authors. As such, it is a smattering of just about everything. This is a Read Only section. No new posts or replies are permitted.
Dave Xanatos

Members in Hawai'i?

Post by Dave Xanatos » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:55 pm

Not sure where else to post this... I'll be in Hawai'i (Maui, Hawai'i, Kauai) in late January 2016 for a couple of weeks - looking for members from Hawai'i who may know of some cool science-y places to visit. Keck is certainly on my list if I can handle the nearly 14,000 foot elevation... last time I was over 9000 feet in Colorado I felt like I had a bad hangover for nearly a week... :) Any general recommendations from folks who actually live there would be welcome. Thanks & Aloha! :)
It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a particle accelerator powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money! - Professor Farnsworth/FUTURAMA

Andrew Robinson

Re: Members in Hawai'i?

Post by Andrew Robinson » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:08 pm

Kilauea ofcourse! Not a "science-y" installation type place like WM Keck, but still a place that would be fascinating to visit.
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!

Bob Reite

Re: Members in Hawai'i?

Post by Bob Reite » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:28 pm

You could visit radio station WWVH while you are in/on Kauai.
The more reactive the materials, the more spectacular the failures.
The testing isn't over until the prototype is destroyed.