Retirement just days away!

Administration forums. These are mostly old posts that are no longer relevant. It also contains numerous files that were not located in the proper forums by the original authors. As such, it is a smattering of just about everything. This is a Read Only section. No new posts or replies are permitted.
Jim Kovalchick

Re: Retirement just days away!

Post by Jim Kovalchick » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Congrats Richard. I wish you and your wife the best of times, but my selfish side hopes that you will continue to touch our lives with your sage advice and mentoring.

Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:27 pm

My selfish side wishes I could be retired too. In fact, I can only be hopeful that retirement is even a realistic prospect in the troubled future.

billwcf

Post by billwcf » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Richard, Hi. Congratulations! Now to find all that stuff that you know you have, but can't quite remember where you put it. Best wishes. -bill

Peter Schmelcher

Post by Peter Schmelcher » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:43 pm

Congratulations Richard. I hope you and your wife find the perfect mix of activities and challenges with the wind always at your backs. Peter

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:44 pm

A new dilema approaches. With all the time in the rest of my life facing me. I find that the ideas for projects that I never started due to not having enough time to complete them while working are so inter-twined that I now need to order them such that the completion of one, enhances and enables the completion of another. Which to start or undertake first? Oh boy........

Infrastructure and support elements seem to be winning out over substance; at least for the foreseeable future.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:05 am

Warm congratulations, RIchard!

Of all the people I know approaching retirement, I think you'll have the easiest time transitioning to the newly-unstructured days ahead! I foresee a productivity surge. Just don't work too hard (in your free time)!

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:39 am

Thanks for all the good wishes and confidence in my abilities and hopeful choices. The initial rush is to organize priorities. Interestingly I have some folks coming to see and buy some of my for sale goodies for fusor work on Sunday. I think they are from OSU. more on this as I learn more.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Well it is a year later and Carl was correct. I have found my stride, working the system financally and working on what I choose to do only and nothing else. I still enjoy fixing broken things as much as breaking things that aren't broke. My activities on line are about the same as before retirement. (limited to the fusor and model railroading forums)

All my hobbies are in full play daily with some taking a larger share of time on occasion. Lots of shooting, reloading ammo, designing radiation detection gear and selling at hamfests. I am going to even more hamfests and train shows than ever.

The Arduino micro-controller work is going at full blast and my normal routine has shifted such that my normal bedtime is 4-5 AM and wake up is around noon. Several times I have gone to bed around 8AM and awakened at 3PM. I tend to be far more productive at night when I seem more focused and the interruptions are at a zero level. A very early night for me, now, is 3AM to bed.

Retirement, I couldn't ask for better in life.

Richard Hull