Microcontrollers - Arduino

Administration forums. These are mostly old posts that are no longer relevant. It also contains numerous files that were not located in the proper forums by the original authors. As such, it is a smattering of just about everything. This is a Read Only section. No new posts or replies are permitted.
Richard Hull
Site Admin

Re: Microcontrollers - Arduino

Post by Richard Hull » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:06 pm

All my apps demand portability and super cheapo finished costs. I refuse to be involved at all with those kludgy "shield" boards that piggy back on the UNO. I will not use the Uno in any finished product or app. All finished items will work with the $4.95 Arduino Pro-mini that is pre-programmed for the app. The pro-mini = the UNO and will run all the programs and has all the ports PLUS two extra analog ports! I can do all the interfacing personally, being an old school EE. The Arduino UNO is just a rapid development system for me.

I have used lab jack and it is OK for fixed apps where a full computer is permanently at hand. I have also used the Basic stamps of Parallax since their introduction. I have the Propellar which is extremely powerful, but way over the top for what I need.

If what I want to do can't be done with the Arduino IDE and boards, I just, quite simply, will not become involved with such an effort at all. I'm retired and will not work at any level or on anything that I don't want to. The distant future for me is certainly no more than 20 years off...If I am lucky and can stay clear of mind.

My motto is that if it requires more than 4 digits of an LED 7 segment display or more text than a 4 line by 20 character, LCD backlit display, I'm not doing it. ( I far prefer the $4.98 2X16 LCD white text on blue backlit LCD....M.P. Jones)...Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.