It's now made it to Slashdot

Reflections on fusion history, current events, and predictions for the 'fusion powered future.
Mike Beauford

It's now made it to Slashdot

Post by Mike Beauford »

It's funny, I guess everything goes around in one big giant circle. I started on my fusor several years ago, still in the acquiring stage. I got started by a story in Slashdot, and now they picked it up again. I guess Richard's right, this storm will pass....
Mike Beauford
Jerry Biehler

Re: It's now made it to Slashdot

Post by Jerry Biehler »

Doug Coulter

Post by Doug Coulter »

And heck, I just posted about that bogus story without checking "recent threads" first, my bad, sorry.
(just saw it after a loooonnnnggg day)

But you know, some of us could either go post about that being largely BS (or whatever else you feel about it) or mod up people who say the right stuff about it.....and have a positive effect on a large readership there.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
Carl Willis

Post by Carl Willis »

Inaccurate noisemaking on the "talkosphere" is absolutely par for the course.

Fusion is sensational (all because of the holy-grail power-plant aspect, otherwise, forget about it), sensationalism drives the talkers and the rumor mills, and that's just how it goes. Although one is often tempted to serve one or another of the clownhouses out there a big glass of ice-cold STFU garnished with a sprig of reason, this accomplishes nothing.

Fusor.net has been a special place for the last decade largely because it has gone placidly amid the noise and haste and attracted people who are genuinely curious, resourceful, and level-headed. And it will continue to do so after the present kerfuffle has blown over.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Carl is right and mimed my comments related to Doug's note that they need to be "set straight" in another posting.

A reasoned reply designed to educate or inform in these venues is a VCIW effort.

(Don Lancaster's term - Voice Crying In the Wilderness) This term was coined long before there was an internet with its silly IMHOs and LOLs, etc.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Let's All Take A Bow

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

At the risk of sounding like I'm taking any credit for this...

>>>Fusor.net has been a special place for the last decade largely because it has gone placidly amid the noise and haste and attracted people who are genuinely curious, resourceful, and level-headed. And it will continue to do so after the present kerfuffle has blown over<<<

Ya know, given how things go all too often here on the Inter-tubez (believe me, my experience is extensive and first hand...), that statement is REALLY SAYING SOMETHING.

So, my hats off to all of you for keeping this site truly worthy and valuable. For ten+ years? Boy, that really is saying something.

Thank you all,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Carl Willis

Re: Let's All Take A Bow

Post by Carl Willis »

Thanks, Paul, for your hospitality and interest over these years, and for helping to maintain a high standard in the discussions. The credit for a well-run forum is largely yours.

-Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277

Return to “Fusion --- Past, Present, and Future”