The Neutristor

Reflections on fusion history, current events, and predictions for the 'fusion powered future.
Richard Hull

The Neutristor

Post by Richard Hull »

http://www.rdmag.com/Awards/Rd-100-Awar ... Generator/

Gotta' get more data....

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Tyler Christensen
Site Admin

Re: The Neutristor

Post by Tyler Christensen »

I saw that many months ago, based on technical descriptions it sounds like it's just a very, very small fusor.
Larry Upjohn

Post by Larry Upjohn »

I went to the website: http://www.adelphitech.com/
and the equipment looks like a well funded fusor lab with new instrumentation but of course the vacuum equipment, etc. is pretty much the same. I did not explore all of the site so I did not see any claims for actual neutron yields or flux rates. Enjoy!

Larry Upjohn

P.S. The firm claims that they use a liquid cooling system and I assume that is what is on the floor. I don't recognize the box as anything else. More later, LRU.
Larry Upjohn
David Geer

Post by David Geer »

Too bad the smallest neutron generator is natural elements and I'd have to see schematics of that little device before I'd agree to any validity over it even if it's from Sandia.
- David Geer
Chris Bradley

Post by Chris Bradley »

I thought this had been discussed here before when it first came out a year ago .. maybe my ageing memory, maybe another forum?

I believe the 'photointerpretation' came down to determining whether this is a composition of an embedded inductive coil to acheive HV local to an acceleration gap and, presumably, ionisation within a sealed box (the 'red' nipple appears to be a port?). So little information offered, either when it first came out or now. 'Solid state' sounds a bit of a disingenuous description, but who can say what it is actually doing if no information is released?
Mike Beauford

Post by Mike Beauford »

I think I was the one that mentioned it about a year ago.
Mike Beauford
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

The name is a winner for sure. All else, thus far is, clap-trap and conjecture as no small neutron sources are yet using this supposedly marvelous device. A fly in every ointment.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
steve_rb

Post by steve_rb »

Any chance for getting one of the Adephitech neutron generators manual (preferably DD108)?
hjerald1

Post by hjerald1 »

Novel Surface-Mounted Neutron Generator
Elizondo-Decanini, J.M.
Schmale, D. ; Cich, M. ; Martinez, M. ; Youngman, K. ; Senkow, M. ; Kiff, S. ; Steele, J. ; Goeke, R. ; Wroblewski, B. ; Desko, J. ; Dragt, A.J.
Sandia Nat. Labs., Albuquerque, NM, USA

IEEE Transaction on Plasma Science
Volume: 40 , Issue: 9
Page(s): 2145 - 2150
Sept. 2012

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.js ... %3D6275497

Enjoy,
Jerry

Return to “Fusion --- Past, Present, and Future”