Fusor Sharing Slides

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Samuel Low

Fusor Sharing Slides

Post by Samuel Low »

So I've recently had some fun exhibiting demo fusors at the local science centre for children and youth, and I thought many of us might have the chance to demonstrate our demo fusors some day. Thus I have uploaded my presentation slides to share with the rest of the community to use. Feel free to download them and adapt them to your own presentations if you find it useful, I tried to make the explanations as simple as possible. It might also be useful for beginners to learn the basics as I have included my circuit diagram and vacuum diagram which I've used for my very first demo fusor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/huf8zpsi1lia6 ... .pptx?dl=0
"Physicists are made of atoms." - Michio Kaku
Dennis P Brown

Re: Fusor Sharing Slides

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Good slide show. Good to share with a younger group - maybe you can ask your local high school if you could provide the talk to their physics class, maybe.

A few points: on slide 7 you say "Neutro" instead of Neutron.

On slide 24 (Budget), your estimates are very low; for example, a two stage pump can be had for $200 but one must be careful and good using ebay. Maybe add a statement that it is possible to pay these sums but requires careful bidding and long term watching.

On page 4, you indicate the net energy from the nuclear process of fusion and use the term defect. That is confusing usage. Might want to reword that and break that very long sentence into two sentences, as well.

You might want to point out that depending on caps used, these can make a safe NST lethal so maybe make people aware of that danger. Why do you indicate a 240 v input? Most people use 120 v inputs (not aware of many NST available with 240 v inputs.) Also, point out that no fusor, even a demo, should be operated in a glass container due to damage by a plasma and the implosion danger. When one shows pictures of possible chambers one must be careful what young/inexperienced people take from those images.

These are all minor issues and what you are doing here is a very good idea and keep up the excellent work!

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”