Inner and outer grid

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Jaime_Alvarez

Inner and outer grid

Post by Jaime_Alvarez »

Grid
Grid
Hi, this is my first time building a fusor and i wanted to know what do you think about my inner and outer grid. My intention is to build a demo fusor.
Richard Hull

Re: Inner and outer grid

Post by Richard Hull »

This is a mockup, of course..

This setup should work OK in a low power demo system. Too much current in a vacuum will see all of that fine wire glow red, then orange, then white, then melt.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Jaime_Alvarez

Post by Jaime_Alvarez »

Thanks for advice
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Thermally, the inner grid will always be the weakest link in any fusor system. This is due to the fact that 100% of the waste heat from bombardment and emission from that electrode will usually have no thermal sink of significance beyond its poorly connected conductive stalk.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Jaime_Alvarez

Post by Jaime_Alvarez »

Soon i will have the chance to run everything so will play around with the voltage to achieve some plasma for obvious reasons im no expecting fusion. But i do hope i get the plasma. Any other recomendations will help thankyou.

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”