Construction of Neutron Grade Fusor

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Enzo Carter

Re: Construction of Neutron Grade Fusor

Post by Enzo Carter »

Thanks so much for letting me in the club, it means so much to me, I just want to say thanks and that I will be a contributor to the forum.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

We look forward to future reports on improved operations.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Congratulations and great work! Hope you expand your efforts and continue posting here.
Eduardo_Machado

Post by Eduardo_Machado »

Hello Enzo,

Congratulations on your work!

Eduardo
Bruce Meagher

Post by Bruce Meagher »

Congratulations Enzo! It’s great seeing you working closely with your dad to create and run some cool science experiments.

I believe you are the first person to use the GS Neutron detector to claim fusion. It seemed like you went through some issues, and it would be a good separate post to describe your trials and tribulations. Was lead shielding really necessary? The counting went down by two orders of magnitude when you moved and shielded the detector, but from the pictures it wasn't apparent the distance was all that different. I know you changed the grid, but I’m skeptical this would make orders of magnitude difference. Countless others have had issues with noise on their detectors. Was this a factor with yours? For others who might try to use this detector it would be great to share your experience.

I hope you continue to run experiments with your fusor and post your findings.

Bruce
Enzo Carter

Post by Enzo Carter »

On the GS Neutron detector. We think the shielding was not necessary. But at one point we were getting a lot of noise and needed the shielding. The loose ground on the tube was probably the cause. The GS Neutron is a "sealed" unit, but we disesambled it to do the moderator , no moderator test. This banged the tube around and the ground got lose. The loose ground made it false on xrays. I just hand tightend up the ground and it was fine.
C7D044AA-1EEE-4084-B80E-BDD29A8DE874.jpeg
careful hand tightning the tube when biased at 500 volts. tingle tingle

As soon as we make the new pulse ark welder we will make a nice 2D cathode. A 3D cathode in a 2D environment is not as good.

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”