To Sphere's or not to Sphere's

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Starfire

To Sphere's or not to Sphere's

Post by Starfire »

I found a fusor on http://www.glubco.com/weaponry/fusor/fusor.htm
wpi.edu --- it does not use a spherical anode - but a linear grid (Cathode) and linear anode --- has anyone else tried this approach??
Richard Hull

Re: To Sphere's or not to Sphere's

Post by Richard Hull »

This approach was tried by the Farnsworth team back in the mid 60's. It works, but they stuck with the spherical version as there was little improvement and they liked the spherical version more to start with.

The model fusor you link to is that of one of our first active members back in 1998. His name was Joshua Resnick. He went great guns for the demo models, making a couple of iterations, but I don't remember him taking the next step to do fusion. He is in the "plasma club" in the fusioneer list. This was a student project. He has got to be graduated by now!

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Post by guest »

Tks Richard once again -- I am gonna try a list of Fusor sites -- probably will throw up a few sites well-known -- so be patient and smile
John

Post by guest »

All,

It would appear that the team of Joshua Resnick & Seth McGann is in the "Plasma Club" employing a variant on the cylendrical configuration. The result may be admired virtually:

http://www.glubco.com/weaponry/fusor/fusor.htm

(WPI = Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA )

Cheers!
Robert

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”