Deuterium Lecture bottle

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
vince_Darmancier

Re: Deuterium Lecture bottle

Post by vince_Darmancier »

same here...tried yesterday and got a request to sign up and open an account with my company...they did send me a quote...for 930 bucks!!!
ridiculous!
I want to try with Sigma through the lab i work at, but i am not sure my boss will go for it..
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Gee whiz! I am glad I bought two 50 liter backup cylinders for $270 each when I retired in 2014.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Luke Harrill

Post by Luke Harrill »

Airgas was a waste of time for me to visit.

Back in March I ordered a 50L bottle from Global Rare Gasses. They are SUPER friendly and I would totally reccommend them. 50L cost me about $260 plus $100 for hazmat. The bottle came with a CGA-350 connector on it.

A business address is a requirement though... I had mine shipped to a local rock climbing gym and waited around that morning to sign for it. Everything went smoothly with no problems.

-Luke Harrill
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I am glad you found a work-around. I find it sad that deuterium is so hard to obtain at the amateur level. Sounds like anyone that is younger and whose dad works for a small company might arrange for it to be delivered there to the attention of his dad.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
vince_Darmancier

That is wonderful news Luke! i just sent them an email...
I do have a business address to ship to no problem, but will they take a credit card payment over the phone?
Harald_Consul

Post by Harald_Consul »

If you don't mind about heavy water (D2O) instead of deuterium, I could sell some of my heavy water. I've got 3/4 liter, or so.
vince_Darmancier

Thanks Harald! i already have some heavy water...the bottle is just a lot easier and convenient to use..
I think i`ve found a way ! it should be delivered sometimes this week !
very excited about that!
Finally!

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”