Cylindrical Fusor Nearing Completion

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Nick Peskosky

Cylindrical Fusor Nearing Completion

Post by Nick Peskosky »

All,

My 6" cylindrical FUSOR is almost back to the functional point it reached prior to being broken down and shipped from one coast to the other. I hit 2.6E-5 Torr (6 Micron backing Px) the other day (measured on an Inficon BPG400 combination Pirani/Bayard-Albert gauge) after pumping the chamber for 3 hours. I have a minor leak somewhere on the seals of the turbo which needs to be addressed, and once I find it I'm confident I can hit the <<E-6Torr range. My detection set-up is ready for calibration and when I can find a lull in the work schedule I'm going to match up with Bruce and his Po/Be source. I've installed a Granville 203 precision leak valve which has been tested a with air. The VCR inlet should will be plumbed to its D2 feed by weeks end. Really the only hurdle I'm facing right now is bringing my HVPS back to life (the HV stage had a diode burn out during my last plasma run in Florida).
Equipment rack and vacuum system
Equipment rack and vacuum system
High voltage stage removed from insulating oil
High voltage stage removed from insulating oil
Fingers crossed I should be generating neuts before Halloween rolls around.
Nick Peskosky
NPeskosky@gmail.com

"The whole of science is nothing more than the refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein
Jack Puntawong

Re: Cylindrical Fusor Nearing Completion

Post by Jack Puntawong »

Well done Nick!

I'm really glad that you are back after you moved. You're almost there. Keep it up!

ps. thanks for teaching me EE and help be debug the fridge =)

Jack

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”