The "D2O" from the Internet

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
HEAVY WATER

The "D2O" from the Internet

Post by HEAVY WATER »

I bought the "D2O" from the Internet. Each bottle has 0.5g "DO2".It is very expensive and small.It took me "100RMB(16.34 dollars)" to buy it from "TaoBao"
I am going to make the deuterium with the "D2O","Na" and"AI". I am going to displace the "D2O" with the "Na" and displace the "NaOD" with the "AI"
DO2
DO2
DO2
DO2
DO2
DO2
DO2
DO2
DO2
DO2
Andrew Robinson

Re: The "D2O" from the Internet

Post by Andrew Robinson »

That's great that you were able to get your hands on that. I would caution you to do some serious reading first though before jumping in and making purchases. You may find alternative ways of reaching your goals. Some may be easier and cheaper.
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!
David Mitchell

Re: The "D2O" from the Internet

Post by David Mitchell »

I'll second Andrew's advice. Find out what other members have been doing regarding deuterium production, (and other fusor aspects) before shelling out cash. The price you paid for such a small quantity of heavy water seems excessive - you should be able to locate a cheaper online supplier. The sodium reaction with water(from experience) is violent, and a health hazard. There are more peaceful methods of releasing the deuterium. Some members use fuel cells to dissociate the D2O, which is a safer and cleaner method. Whatever method you use, you'll need to send the deuterium through a drying chamber to remove moisture.

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”