Hello

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Scott Yannitell

Hello

Post by Scott Yannitell »

Hi Fusor.net

I'm just your average person who is interested in fusion. Isn't everyone? I'm what you would call an eccentric. I have an idea I want to share but I need to do this part first. Thanks for accepting my registration.

-Scott Yannitell
Scott Yannitell

Re: Hello

A little bit more about myself:

I derive my main income from programming mobile applications. I've had many boring jobs like corporate lab worker, store clerk, and machine operator. I've done some work in computer graphics years ago using Lightwave. I used to make interactive CD Rom applications. I know BASIC, ActionScript 3, and C#. I have a lot of interest in materials science. Lots of my time has been in investigating refractory materials for several applications. I have a very large interest in graphite crystals. I used to think a lot about rockets but not as often these days. I have an interest in instant prototyping and 3d printing. I bought the Maker Bot Replicator 2 and consider that a mistake, although after I sold it I only had about 800 bucks in it. I like Tomita.
Andrew Haynes

Post by Andrew Haynes »

Hi

Welcome to the forums, would like to here what your idea is.

Andrew
Andrew Haynes
Scott Yannitell

Ok Well it is probably stupid, or thought of before but here it is:

Watch the video and read the description in the about section:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8A9_WA9G6s
Scott Yannitell

In the description I forgot to add that the system is in a vacuum envelope and the fuel pressure is very small.
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello and welcome.

Just a quick heads up - use the search function to find information on topics to answer simple questions on fusor operation, subsystems and many related general questions. If one isn't able to use that, they are not able to build fusors ... .

Your you-tube is short and far from clear. I will say that if those are metal or ceramic or any other solid material tubes, then real fusion is not going to happen (a few thousand events per second is meaningless and even fusors get up to a million events/sec and produce zero measurable power output.) By the way, a fusor IS where a plasma of some deuterium atoms under an electric field (read Lorentz force) have (rarely) collisions that produce neutrons - its what this site is all about.

So, yes, a moving charge in a magnetic or electric field does produce a Lorentz force, but so what? People have been putting plasma's in magnetic fields for over sixty years and have little to show for it. Except for inertia devices using solid state deuterium and VERY powerful lasers or nano-second massive electric sources, collision fusion producing any type of viable energy isn't gonna happen at temperatures and pressures that occur in tubes. You might want to read up on magnetic and inertia fusion on Wiki before trying to address a problem many thousands of people (PhD's, engineers) have spent many, many years and vast sums in addressing with no really successful system - a few claim break even but the numbers carefully ignore all power used. As for ignition - that is still a dream.
Scott Yannitell

Yes I thought so. I've deleted all my videos and about 135 gigabytes of delusional studies and animations. Humanity will never figure this out so. We are marching mindlessly into thermonuclear conflict. Maybe extinction isn't so bad.
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

A little dramatic and pessimistic there.

Look, there is nothing wrong with coming up with ideas - just try and read up on what the main stream has already done. Your just trying to re-invent the fusor - that is fine. Don't be so hard on yourself. I've had people tell me an idea is wrong and later, a researcher develops the identical idea. Trying to learn is the best thing going and continue to study, read posts here, and ask questions (after checking the huge database here.)

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”