Hello everyone!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Aditya Somasundaram

Hello everyone!

Post by Aditya Somasundaram »

Warm greetings from Japan! I'm Aditya Somasundaram. I attend high school here in Japan and my current interests lies in astronomy as well as nuclear physics. Although, I am not qualified at all to talk about the laws and theories that explains nuclear physics, I do find those topics to be extremely interesting. I started from reading Stephen Hawkings' A Brief History of Time to feed by scientific curiosity. From there, I moved onto multiple attempts to understand the core of our star, the sun. When I learnt that I can make a star in a jar, I was blown away and thus, I ended up in this forum. I hope, I will learn a lot and eventually make my own fusor by being part of this forum. Thanks for reading my post!

P.S. I also play chess in my spare time so if you ever want to play, find me on chess.com!
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello and welcome.

This is a great place to learn (search the FAQ's to answer many standard questions about fusors and their operation) and ask questions if the answer isn't already stored in a relevant section. Also, internet searches and the Wiki are good places to learn basics rather than here. Look forward to hear from you on the forum - don't be afraid to ask questions after searching the FAQ's or about current events/threads.
Aditya Somasundaram

Post by Aditya Somasundaram »

Thank you! I'm looking forward to building my own fusor!
William Bills

Post by William Bills »

Hi Aditya,

I've been browsing this introduction page, and I noticed that you are trying to make a fusor in Japan(I jumped from Riku's introduction page). By the way, I heard that it is illegal to build a radiation-emitting machine(including a fusor) in Japan, but did you check its legality? I know a friend who tried to make a fusor in Japan a couple of years ago with Kyoto University, but he had to give it up because it was illegal in Japan to make one... Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm wrong!

Will

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”