Belated hello

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
prestonbarrows

Belated hello

Post by prestonbarrows »

I've been around here a few years now, but seem to have neglected making an introductory post.

I am currently a graduate student at the University of Wisconsin - Madison in the nuclear engineering (plasma physics) program.

In my undergrad days, I designed and built infrared telescopes. Their cryogenics were my introduction to high vacuum systems. Now, my work focuses on the design and fabrication of ECR ion sources and high-voltage power supplies for beam driven neutron generators.

As a tinkerer in the world of vacuum and high-voltage, I always enjoy seeing what you guys come up with and try to lend helpful advice when I can.
Richard Hull

Re: Belated hello

Post by Richard Hull »

A belated welcome Preston. Glad to have you aboard.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”