A Highschooler's Greeting

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Thomas Price

A Highschooler's Greeting

Post by Thomas Price »

Hello everyone,

I am Thomas a new Freshman at Greenwich High School. I have come and joined to learn more about fusion because I would eventually hope to enter a big science fair like the Intel competition and get into a great college (Yale,Harvard, ND, ETC.) I hope to learn a lot from being on this forum and teach the whole world about the advantages of fusion if we can make it worth while (which is what I hope to accomplish with you guys). It looks like a really fun topic and from looking around on the forums for a little while it seems like everyone REALLY cares about this and the exploration of nuclear science. I feel like "I helped change the world's energy source" looks pretty good on a college application. Once again, I really hope to learn a lot here and be a positive part of the community! :)

- Thomas P.
Liam David

Re: A Highschooler's Greeting

Post by Liam David »

Welcome! I'm also a freshman in high school and aspiring to build a fusor. This is definitely the place to ask questions; We have many experienced people here (not including me, yet...). I'm assuming that you want to eventually build a fusor and get neutrons?
-Liam David
Thomas Price

Post by Thomas Price »

Liam David wrote:Welcome! I'm also a freshman in high school and aspiring to build a fusor. This is definitely the place to ask questions; We have many experienced people here (not including me, yet...). I'm assuming that you want to eventually build a fusor and get neutrons?
-Liam David
Yes, I would like to build a fusor and achieve some sort of fusion and join the most elite club on the forum. However that is far in the future and I need to get down the basics first. Thanks again for the warm welcome. (I don't know if we quote things here, if we don't sorry.)

- Thomas Price
Jack Rosky

Post by Jack Rosky »

Hello Thomas,
Sorry I am a little late to the post. I am a sophomore in high school and a member of the plasma club here on the forums. I built my demo fusor last year and am now building a fusor to fuse deuterons. Me and my partner Scott Moroch (also a sophomore at my highschool) are hoping to finish it relatively soon. If you have any questions feel free to email me at jackrosky@gmail.com. Best of luck in your endeavors. Do not get discouraged if at first something doesn't work right, use it as a learning experience and move past it. You can also skype me if you wish, my skype name is jack.rosky2.
Best of luck!
Jack
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.
-Issac Newton
Jeremy Adams

Post by Jeremy Adams »

Hey Thomas and Jack,
I'm late to this post but hopefully you'll notice this... My name is Jeremy Adams and I'm a sophomore in high school whose also building a fusion reactor. I recently achieved my first plasma. Good luck and if you want to contact me you can email me: jeremyad55@gmail.com.
Thomas Price

Post by Thomas Price »

Jack,

I saw the picture of you and Scott with the 3d printed model of your fusor and I had a some questions.

1. Have you and Scott built this fusor yet? I would love to see it!
2 I was surprised by the number of ports into the sphere. I think I count at least 8! I was thinking that fusors generally have 5 ports (view port, port for power feed to grid, port for vacuum measurement, port for deuterium gas and a port for vacuum). Can you tell me the use the each port on your model?
3. One of the things that I find really confusing is what port is needed for what purpose and I don't want to get the wrong thing. In an effort to avoid mistakes, I have been building a 3d model of my fusor in 3dsMax using models downloaded from Lesker. Did you do that or something similar with your 3d model? If so can you tell me the part numbers that you used in your model?
4. One of the things that seems really difficult is TIG welding. Have you done that?

Thanks

-Thomas Price
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Thomas: try putting these questions in an appropriate section so they can get answered. This isn't the correct place.
1. Have you and Scott built this fusor yet? I would love to see it!
2 I was surprised by the number of ports into the sphere. I think I count at least 8! I was thinking that fusors generally have 5 ports (view port, port for power feed to grid, port for vacuum measurement, port for deuterium gas and a port for vacuum). Can you tell me the use the each port on your model?
3. One of the things that I find really confusing is what port is needed for what purpose and I don't want to get the wrong thing. In an effort to avoid mistakes, I have been building a 3d model of my fusor in 3dsMax using models downloaded from Lesker. Did you do that or something similar with your 3d model? If so can you tell me the part numbers that you used in your model?
4. One of the things that seems really difficult is TIG welding. Have you done that?

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”