Hi Fusor.net

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Aaron_Noble

Hi Fusor.net

Post by Aaron_Noble »

Hi Guys,

I am an electrical engineer who has developed a keen interest in nuclear technology over the past five years. My interest has usually focused on new fission technologies whilst I have been trying to form my own opinion on how to meet UK energy demands for the short to mid term. As fusion reactors are unlikely to be able to be available for this period I have only been following updates from the media on the progress of projects like ITER and NIF, however the promise of the claimed benefits that a fully fledged fusion power plant will bring have always captured my interest.

Coming to the Fusor, I will admit that at the start of this week I had never heard of such a device. I stumbled across it when I read a recent article about the youngest person to create one. This immediately sparked my interest and in the last two days I have been tearing my way through the information for newbies on this website and would love to make constructing one of these devices my next big project.

I have recently just started working for a company that design and manufacture Electron Beam Welding machines of which many of the major components seem to be very similar to a fusor. So hopefully I'll be able to source much of the vacuum system from here (I think I saw an old diffusion pump knocking about here somewhere!).

Anyway, I have plenty of research and reading to do before you'll probably here from me next but I thought I would say hello and I look forward to contributing as much as I can to this exciting community.

Aaron
Andrew Robinson

Re: Hi Fusor.net

Post by Andrew Robinson »

Welcome Aaron, and good luck on your endeavors.
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”