Hello from Illinois

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Joshua Cothren

Hello from Illinois

Post by Joshua Cothren »

Hi,

Just want to start by saying thanks to everyone one here for all their contributions! It's great to have all this information at my finger tips!!

So, I have spent a lot of time reading about fusion over the past 10 years and finally decided it's time to get serious! My ultimate goal is to develope expertise in the subject and I figure there's no better way than to get some first hand experience.

I have a bachelors and masters degree in physics from southern Illinois university carbondale with extensive experience in high and ultra high vacuum systems. Some of my side projects in school include rebuilding an ion pump, built a magnetron sputtering system from scratch, assembled an electron microscope from a the ground up and several other odds and ends.. Overall, some good experience but I think this project will teach me a lot.

I plan to start scrounging for parts by contacting some of my professors from school but since I live about 20 minutes from UIUC I hope to make some good contacts there and maybe even find individuals who would like to join my efforts. So if anyone reading this wants to get involved just give me a shout!

BTW you guys are awesome! Fusion is the future!!

josh
Jack Puntawong

Re: Hello from Illinois

Post by Jack Puntawong »

Welcome Josh,

Small World. I'm currently studying at UIUC and doing computer science research this summer. I've successfully built my fusor but I'm currently gathering parts to build my linear accelerator. PM me if you need any help or want to meet.

cheers!

Jack Puntawong
Joshua Cothren

Re: Hello from Illinois

Post by Joshua Cothren »

Jack,

Thanks for the reply! Particle physics is another one of my passions! I would love to see what you are working on. You can expect to see a pm from me soon.

Josh

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”