Hello from California!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
T Adkison

Hello from California!

Post by T Adkison »

Hello all!
My name is Tyler. I have been reading these forums for several years now, and I have started thinking about actually trying to build a fusor seriously. I am currently in high school, but I have taken several advanced, relevant, science classes. I believe I have accurate knowledge in what is involved to create a genuine fusor. I am interested in trying to find a way to build a crude, but functional, D-D fusor at a much lower budget to open up research possibilities for those who can not afford to now (such as me). I have a moderate amount of experience in building ultra-cheap vacuum chambers and in working with high voltage power supplies. I am very interested in amateur experimental rocketry, particle accelerators, physics, and chemistry. I would say my biggest passion is space travel, which incidentally got me interested in fusion as a power source for rockets. Materials wise, I have access to a two stage pump, 5 cfm that claims to be able to pull a 2.5 micron vacuum. I also am building a power source that can provide up to 51 kv at 15ma. I am planning on using electrolysis on some heavy water my old chemistry teacher gave me. I believe I will be able to scrounge the components for the reactor itself, but I don't know how I will build the neutron detecting equipment. I should have plenty of time to figure that out though! I realize my design probably won't work, but I have many other good uses for the equipment. One of my goals is to use the fusor to research meta-stable helium rocket propellent. That's a little about me!

P.S. Sorry about any errors in my writing. I happen to be dyslexic, which makes writing a real pain.
johndmcmaster

Re: Hello from California!

Post by johndmcmaster »

Where about in CA are you? I'm reaching out to some of the SF Bay Area people to see if we can meetup.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”