Archived - Farnsowrth images

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Richard Hull

Archived - Farnsowrth images

Post by Richard Hull »

Once again, a couple of old images. I have archived for reference purposes here.

One is an image of the hotel cart fusor demo'd to the AEC circa 1968. Guy on left is Robert Hirsch; on the right is Steve Blasing.

This baby was a Hirsch-Meeks patent design, used D-T and cooked at 10e9 neuts/sec.

Notice the PNC-1 Eberline......Man!....Those things were everywhere in spite of modern disdain and disparagement of what was once a venerable and ubiquitous instrument.

The other picture is Robert Hirsch Circa 2000 with the same fusor in his office. (hasn't run since 1968)

Farnsworth picture courtesy of the George Bain picture collection (polaroid)

Modern Image by Richard Hull during an interview in Washington DC with Hirsch at APTI.

Richard Hull
Attachments
45_portable_hirsch_blaising1.jpg
45_portable_hirsch_blaising1.jpg (192.25 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Taken during my 1999 visit to Bob's business office.
Taken during my 1999 visit to Bob's business office.
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Roberto Ferrari

Re: Farnsowrth images

Post by Roberto Ferrari »

Great, Richard!
An impressive document, indeed.
Roberto

Return to “Images du Jour”