BOFN: "Pontiac"

Reflections on fusion history, current events, and predictions for the 'fusion powered future.
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

BOFN: "Pontiac"

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

I've posted another "Best of Fusor.net" on the front of the site:

https://fusor.net/bofn-pontiac/

This post searches the forums for the word 'pontiac' and delivers a wealth of material recounting the exploits of the Farnsworth fusion team, which worked at a facility on Pontiac Street in Fort Wayne, IN from roughly 1959-1967.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Richard Hull

Re: BOFN: "Pontiac"

Post by Richard Hull »

Nice little compilation, Paul. Thanks. Your continuing efforts at informative condensations are appreciated.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Jim Stead

Post by Jim Stead »

Thanks Paul, this is fun and informative reading.
I love learning about Farnsworth and his team, but I know so little at this point about the history that I never would have thought to search for "Pontiac".

FYI, the last link about Gene Meeks seems to be broken. I see a "You are not authorised to read this forum." message when I click that link.
I tried finding the thread with a search, but I can't find it. I assume because of the permissions issue.

Again, thanks. I think this is a great BOFN.
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Jim Stead wrote: FYI, the last link about Gene Meeks seems to be broken. I see a "You are not authorised to read this forum." message when I click that link.
I tried finding the thread with a search, but I can't find it. I assume because of the permissions issue.
Hmmm... thanks for catching that and bringing it to my attention

I didn't have any trouble with the link, but then I am in the site at the Admin level, and that gives me a higher level of access than the typical user. In this case it seems I may have created a link that required that higher level of access.

I modified the link, but I can't tell if it works for the basic user access level. I may have to create an account for myself at that level just so I can see how it looks to the other users.
Again, thanks. I think this is a great BOFN.
These things are fun to do, and I'm learning a lot myself from the explorations. I can hardly wait to see what I come up with next... and I"m open to suggestions.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."

Return to “Fusion --- Past, Present, and Future”