Ion Velocity and Fusion (alternative view)

This area is for ADVANCED theory and discussions only. If you just joined fusor.net, chances are this is NOT the area for you to be posting.
Steven Sesselmann

Ion Velocity and Fusion (alternative view)

Post by Steven Sesselmann »

Fellow Fusioneers,

In this post I will attempt to share my recent research with you and explain why ion velocity is so important to fusion. As my research into Ground Potential Theory (GPT) has not been peer reviewed you are free to consider it a speculative theory.

What good is a new theory if it can not be put to practical use, fortunately GPT can. We start with this ultra simple equation ∆v = c(∆U/Ø), where c is the speed of light, ∆U is a bodies surface potential (any kind of body) with respect to ground potential and Ø is the potential of a proton (absolute potential). For derivation of this equation see my paper here: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Potential

What it means for us fusioneers, is when you ionise an atom at ground potential, i.e remove its electrons, the remaining nucleus flies off in a random direction at tremendous velocity, over 2500 km/s for a deuteron, and if contained in a chamber it will bounce around at this velocity until it can pick up an electron and re-establish itself at ground potential. If hypothetically we had a perfect vacuum chamber an ionised deuteron would continue indefinitely at this velocity.

Now imagine if you had a perfect vacuum chamber with two deuterium nuclei moving at 2500 km/s, it's not hard to imagine the difficulty these will have in fusing, they either miss each other at 5000 km/s or hit each other and bounce off each other like billiard balls.

The correct way to think of fusion is like docking the shuttle with the international space station, not smashing them together but aligning the speed, so they can gently dock.

Fortunately it turns out we are able to control the velocity of an ion, simply by removing it's electrons at different potential to ground potential. By selecting the right ionisation voltage for a given nucleus we can control it's velocity with respect to ground.

This is how a fusor works, when a small number of deuterons loose their electrons at just the right potential so they stand still with respect to ground, I believe these slow moving ions are the ones that dock together and fuse.

It is now very clear to me why the p+B11 fusion reaction is so difficult to achieve in a fusor, it's because the two nuclei p and B11 have such different velocities when ionised at the same potential. I speculate that there may be ways to overcome this with two grids at different potentials, but that's another story.

To demonstrate my concept I have created an Excel spreadsheet (attached) where the user can enter any isotope and it will output the self-velocity and stopping potential for that isotope.

Please post questions below if you are confused by my claims, not surprising if you are, well established beliefs such as the coulomb force, quantum tunnelling and smashing atoms together at high velocities to fuse etc. have all gone out the window here, but it's time to move on now, we have fiddled around with this problem for long enough !

Steven
Attachments
atomic-fusion-velocity.xlsx
Atomic Fusion Velocity Spreadsheet Download Excel
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 839 times
http://www.gammaspectacular.com - Gamma Spectrometry Systems
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Steven_Sesselmann - Various papers and patents on RG

Return to “Advanced Technical Discussion Area”