Greetings from South Korea!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Yang Minju

Greetings from South Korea!

Post by Yang Minju »

Hello! My Name is Yang Minju, I am a South Korea high school student who likes physics and wants to be a physicist.
(I am not good at English, so there may be grammatical errors or odd words.)
One day I saw a book in the library. The contents of the book were about the geniuses of the world. The book also included the story of the student who created the Fusor, and I was deeply impressed by that story. moving on to another topic, Korean students are always studying. Likewise, I was also studying. From 6 am to 11 pm. so I thought "I will be grown up only studying..." At that moment, I was read a book. This was enough to motivate me. I thought I can also make it. The start was good, but not long after, I faced many big problems. confuse the demo fusor with the real fusor, didn't know how to make it, real fusor need a lot of money, etc. I desired more information and finally discovered Fusor.net, and started to browse the information here. But there was more trouble. It was not easy to find the information I wanted. For example, I am planning to make 2.75" 5-Way small chamber fusor, I could not find the information, and I was confused if I could make fusor with this. Fortunately, I found that there was a case of making a chamber and I was able to keep my plan. But I felt the need to ask questions directly, finally joined it here.
Honestly, I am very timid and shy personality, even making a decision to join here and ask questions was difficult. But my passion for making a fusor was beyond shyness. I'm going to make a real fusor whatever happens, I will accomplish my life goals as a student. Thank for read my (worst) introduce!

P.S. As I said before, I am in school all day.(Of course electronic products are prohibited.) so the reply may be very late. I apologize in advance!
P.S.2. It is the first time I have written such a long English in my life! It took two hours!
Dennis P Brown

Re: Greetings from South Korea!

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Welcome! Your English and grammar are excellent but frankly, few here really care if you make a mistake or misspell a word - if we have a question, we will just ask you to clarify - not a big deal at all for this forum. So, don't worry about that issue.

Do not hesitate to ask questions - just try to post/ask in the related forum (i.e. a power supply question belongs in "High Voltage" section. If unsure, just pick the closest forum you think applies - not important to be exact.) As for maybe making an error of some type, not a big deal at all. I have posted many times here and have been wrong from time to time. Others have corrected me/my post (and I am glad they did because it helped me to both learn more and avoid making a costly mistake.)

But asking questions that is now we learn and that means, sometimes, we make an error. Even professional science works that way (through few admit that.)

Getting a real fusor together requires a few items that lead to the biggest problems: first, a proper power supply (at least 400 watts; over 20,000 volts and it MUST have a negative output!) Next, obtaining deuterium (many are now making their own.) Then issues of a detector system for neutrons, which can be expensive if one buys a fully "turn key" system. Building one's own is far cheaper but can require a good bit of knowledge (sources on how to do this are here and people will help.)

Best of luck and before you buy ANY power supply (especially), check here first.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

You arrive with a far better ethic and verve than most who come here. The best way to learn a language is to dive into it. Two hours to compose that first message, tells us more about you than a thousand words. You have what it takes to be successful. Welcome.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Yang Minju

Post by Yang Minju »

I really appreciate your good advices! I will never forget this advices.
Silviu Tamasdan

Post by Silviu Tamasdan »

Above all, ask questions. If you're unsure of something, ask. Be aware of your own limitations, don't be over-confident and ask. Make plans, post them and ask for help in getting them reviewed and corrected if need be. Remember that by asking questions you're helping not only yourself, but also others who read this forum.

Also remember that many of the systems that make up a working fusor are dangerous. High voltage if not properly insulated and grounded can kill you instantly. The X-rays/gamma radiation/neutrons generated by a fusor can give you radiation sickness. Vacuum systems can be a fire hazard if improperly managed.

Be aware of the dangers and work above all to avoid getting yourself or others injured.
There _is_ madness to my method.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”