Hello from the UK!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Chris Giles

Hello from the UK!

Post by Chris Giles »

Hello from the UK.

Before I found the site I wasn't aware of Electrostatic Confinement Fusion and the possibility of demonstrating fusion on a small scale, e.g. in the garage. I do have a garage; one box ticked! I'm reading through the forum to see how hard the other boxes are to tick...

I have a lot of experience with electronic circuit design and repair over the years. I have a reasonable amount of electronic test equipment and tools and have recently added to this with eBay purchases of older professional test equipment (Agilent/HP, Tek, Fluke etc), sometimes renovating and repairing these. I have worked with many circuits with line voltage, hundreds of volts DC and low kV ranges. This has included working on vacuum tube circuits and CRT scopes, Linear & SMPS PSUs. I will be confident working on HV supplies, electrical/electronic measurement, automation and fixing interconnection cables etc. I hope I could help give advice on some of these topics, most importantly I am aware of the safety issues. I have noticed many videos and posts from people tinkering with lethal homemade HV PSUs who seem to be unaware of these! I also have a professional HV voltmeter and HV DC PSU which may be useful.

However, I have NO tools or experience in vacuum systems or fabrication of metalwork. I am very experienced at soldering (e.g. through-hole & SMDs) but not welding. I'm interested to see if I can join the club(s) so I welcome advice on these topics. Please bear with me if I ask basic questions about the design and fabrication.

Cheers.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”