Hi Zeke here from England

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Zekeww

Hi Zeke here from England

Post by Zekeww »

Hi my name I Zeke
I have always marvelled at the power of fusion and I was overjoyed when i found out I could harness this power. I’m a beginner and I am still planing my own Fusor and I can’t wait to join the ranks of the fusorneers.
Thanks
Zeke
John Futter

Re: Hi Zeke here from England

Post by John Futter »

Zeke
Welcome
I see that you have trouble reading
Please note the first rule for people using this site

1) The first rule of membership in these forums is: you must create your account using your real, full, first AND last names as the LogIn/UserID for your account. If your name is John Smith, your UserID (i.e. login handle) must be John Smith, or John_Smith. This is the name that will appear in the forum listings. “JSmith” or “JohnS” or “JS997” or “handles” like “MrFusion” or “ProtonBoy” are NOT permitted. New accounts that do not adhere to this simple rule will be summarily deleted without any further consideration. Any questions? OK, rolling right along…
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Thanks John for this now rather stock retort to folks insisting on handles rather than full names. I have always wondered why folks are ashamed of their given names. I, of course, understand the willingness to not give a real name unless one is a criminal, involved in some covert or nefarious activity with ulterior motives. I also understand the modern computer popular "handle" mentality. I bought into it for a while, myself.

One interesting thing about fusor.net.........We are open source, not hiding anything......We expect others here to do the same with a real full name.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers »

All true and correct, but rather than just a slap on the wrist, I prefer to tell the person how they can change their username and still keep their account and any posts.

I have a response I have used and will post it in a following message.

If anyone else wants to use this I'm fine with that. It contains some forum formatting to (I hope) make it more readable. I have put it into a text file to preserve the included tags. The contents can be copied and pasted into the 'Post a Reply' box. Clicking the Preview button at the bottom will let you see the message as it will appear with formatting.

I have placed the 'change_name.txt' file here:
http://www.xertech.net/fusor/change_name.txt

Anyone can copy it as a file on your computer to use for later copy-and-paste.

Let me know if this could use any changes or of any other issues.
Rex Allers
Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers »

(Posting my new-user reply again.)

When you registered you clicked to accepted the terms that were given on the 1st registration page:
Fusor Forums - Registration

That page contains the same rules as what is listed here:
Board index - Announcements - Announcements and Site Administration Topics
Fusor.Net Policies and Procedures
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10508#p69690

and specifically The Rules: #1
The forum rules require you to use your full name as your username. If your name is John Smith, your UserID (i.e. login handle) must be John Smith, or John_Smith. This is the name that will appear in the forum listings. “JSmith” or “JohnS” or “JS997” or “handles” like “MrFusion” or “ProtonBoy” are NOT permitted.

Also there is: The Rules: #2
New members are required to introduce themselves in the "Please Introduce Yourself" forum prior to posting elsewhere on the site.

You have not complied. Please change your username to comply.

Changing your Username

Here's how:
  • Login to the board
  • click your current username in the upper-right of the main page and select User Control Panel from the pull-down
  • In the tabs at the top, select Profile
  • At the left column, select Edit account settings
  • Edit the Username: field to be your full name
  • Type your password in the Current password: field (near bottom of page)
  • Click Submit button at bottom
  • Note: After you change Username, the new name becomes what you use to login to the Forum. Your password should remain the same.
I also suggest adding a Location to your profile. It can help to know generally where a member is in the world to adjust a response to them. I have used my City and State, but if you are worried it could be more general -- just State, something like Central USA, just your Country is better than nothing.

Adding a Location
(Skip the first 3 steps if you are already in the Profile section from doing the Username update.)
  • Login to the board
  • click User Control Panel near the top of the main page
  • In the tabs at the top, select Profile
  • At the left column, select Edit profile
  • Edit the Location: field
  • Click Submit button at bottom
This Location information will appear in the right column, under your name, when you post.
Rex Allers
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Great and valuable work Rex, it is appreciated.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”