Michael Bretti - High Vacuum Surplus FOR SALE - September 2018

Use this forum to offer / scavenge for fusor parts
Michael Bretti

Michael Bretti - High Vacuum Surplus FOR SALE - September 2018

Post by Michael Bretti » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:25 pm

I have a new load of great high vacuum parts for sale. Some of these pains me to sell, but at the moment I will not be using them myself for the foreseeable future, and need to raise additional funds for my high priority high vacuum projects. Sales are first come, first serve. Prices are negotiable for reasonable offers. Respond below if you are interested, or PM me on a particular part. I can accept either Paypal or check, whichever is most convenient. I have found that for parts like these in my area, UPS tends to be the cheapest for shipping larger items. Small items can be shipped via USPS cheaper however. All funds raised here will go in continuing to develop my systems, which will all be open source with full engineering specs and details available. Thank you for taking the time to review the parts, and feel free to message me for any questions.

1.) 2.75" Conflat Inline Pneumatic Valve
2,75in Conflat Pneumatic Inline Valve.jpg
Description: I purchased this part a while ago for the Small Scale Multipurpose High Vacuum Chamber V3 design. However, with my V4 update, it is no longer needed. Part is almost new and in great condition. Perfect knife edges. These valves are for isolation, either fully open or fully closed. I also have conductance calculations freely available for this part for air, water vapor, argon, and deuterium for those who are looking to get more involved in their system design.
Price: $100

2.) Nor-Cal 61-344778-00 90 Degree KF25 to Conflat 2.75" Pneumatic Valve
90 Degree KF25 to 2,75in Pneumatic Valve 1.jpg
90 Degree KF25 to 2,75in Pneumatic Valve 2.jpg
Description: Brand new, never opened or removed from the package valve as stated in the description above. Can be an excellent isolation valve between a conflat cross chamber and a kf25 line to a pump. These valves are either fully open, or fully closed. Has a soft start mechanism to prevent sudden inrush of gas upon opening.
Price: $45.00

3.) MDC 2.75" Conflat Manual Butterfly Isolation Valve
2,75in Conflat Butterly Valve Closed.jpg
2,75in Conflat Butterfly Valve Open.jpg
Description: This is perhaps one of the most ideal valves for 2.75" conflat cross based fusors. This valve allows for both isolation with the viton o-ring, as well as flow control to choke off the high vacuum pump and optimize gas flow. I had also purchased this a while ago for the Small Scale Multipurpose High Vacuum V3 system, but will no longer be using it for the new design. I have the conductance calculations for this valve for molecular and transitional flow for air, water vapor, argon, and deuterium for those who are interested in getting more involved with their vacuum design. Perfect knife edge, valve moves nicely and fits very tight in the closed condition. This is a particularly tough part for me to part with. These show up rarely on eBay, and can be a bit tough to find. List price for one new is about $287.00
Price: $200.00 including shipping

4.) Varian 2.75" Conflat Sorbtion Pump with Full Adsorbent Load and Foam Cryo Holder
Varian 2.75in Conflat Sorbtion Pump.jpg
Varian 2.75in Conflat Sorbtion Pump and Cooling Jacket.jpg
Varian 2.75in Conflat Sorbtion Pump Adsorbent Fill.jpg
Description: This is a particularly unique listing that you don't see very often. A quite large Varian sorbtion pump with a 2.75" conflat inlet. Perfect knife edge, and filled with zeolite adsorbent, which appears to be still quite clean. Can be reactivated by heating the pump with something like heat tape while pumping to remove gases. To use, just place the pump in the cryo shroud and fill with liquid nitrogen.
Price: $200.00

5.) Custom Water Cooled High Vacuum Chamber
20180902_135512.jpg
20180902_135538.jpg
20180902_135555.jpg
20180902_135621.jpg
20180902_135520.jpg
20180902_135525.jpg
20180902_135114.jpg
Demo Fusor 1 - Jet Mode.jpg
Description: This chamber is a unique chamber that I found, which unfortunately I just won't be using for the foreseeable future, and have to part with. The chamber is actually double walled, and features a water cooling jacket that envelopes the internal wall. The flanges have o-ring grooves, and have some unconventional side ports that require a couple of simple custom machined adapter (I actually just plugged them with large rubber stoppers for my demo fusors.) The top also includes several feedthrough ports, with a clamped lid that makes access easy. A few things to note. The chamber will require work to get to vacuum again, and several custom parts and modifications are needed. I am including whatever hardware I have with the system as well. Some of the parts, including the inner chamber walls are dirty from use and definitely need cleaning. However, as you can see, I have used this successfully as a demo fusor, and there should not be an issue to get this operating as a fully-functioning neutron producing fusor. I got it working by literally plugging the holes with rubber stoppers and used an acrylic viewport with a simple rubber gasket clamped between the chamber bottom and the bottom flange. Also can be used for a vacuum bake-out chamber, sputtering chamber, etc. If required, I would be more than happy to provide assistance in figuring out part design if needed to get the chamber operational.
Price: $150.00

Michael Bretti

Re: Michael Bretti - High Vacuum Surplus FOR SALE - September 2018

Post by Michael Bretti » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:03 am

New pricing update for the above parts. Everything is still available, and see the description above for details:

1.) 2.75" Conflat Inline Pneumatic Valve - $80.00

2.) Nor-Cal 61-344778-00 90 Degree KF25 to Conflat 2.75" Pneumatic Valve - $45.00

3.) MDC 2.75" Conflat Manual Butterfly Isolation Valve - $160.00

4.) Varian 2.75" Conflat Sorbtion Pump with Full Adsorbent Load and Foam Cryo Holder - $170.00

5.) Custom Water Cooled High Vacuum Chamber - $120.00