More Upgrades

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Joe Gayo

More Upgrades

Post by Joe Gayo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:48 pm

It has been a while since my last post, but I've continued working on the device. There have been several significant upgrades:

- Feedthrough and ballast resistor changed to accommodate 60kV (with the assistance of mineral oil).
IMG_1233_sm.jpg
IMG_1234_sm.jpg
- New 1kW 60kV power supply

- Pressure control using MKS 250 and 248

- Custom designed remote control panel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplmr2G ... e=youtu.be)

- 2M+ n/sec TIER

Ameen Aydan

Re: More Upgrades

Post by Ameen Aydan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:09 pm

This can possibly be used as a neutron generator for real life applications. Try sputtering titanium to make a beam on target device. From a PM with Mr. Seltzmen, coating the grid would help more so than the walls.

But in all that is an extremely good system, especially for how small it is! Really good job and I wish you the best!

Ameen Aydan

Richard Hull

Re: More Upgrades

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:14 pm

I do not think I have ever seen a better presentation of co-joint functioning metering systems. (you tube)
Fabulous! a lot of thought and scaling went into this effort.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.