In this space, visitors are invited to post any comments, questions, or skeptical observations about Philo T. Farnsworth's contributions to the field of Nuclear Fusion research.
Subject: Secondary Neutrons
Date: May 26, 11:03 am
Poster: Jim Lux
On May 26, 11:03 am, Jim Lux wrote:
Now that we are making neutrons, what about using them to fission U238? Depleted uranium is fairly available (actually, almost free, in multi-ton (>40) lots, because there is a huge surplus). Using the n from the DD or DT reaction, you can hit a piece of U and generate 2 more n's, etc.
- Re: Secondary Neutrons - Larry Cress Jun 27, 2:27 pm
- Re: Secondary Neutrons - David Morgan May 28, 1:26 pm
- Re: Secondary Neutrons (Li(n) cross sections) - Jim Lux May 28, 5:16 pm
- Re: Secondary Neutrons - Richard Hull May 26, 4:38 pm
- Re: Secondary Neutrons - Jim Lux May 26, 6:18 pm