In this space, visitors are invited to post any comments, questions, or skeptical observations about Philo T. Farnsworth's contributions to the field of Nuclear Fusion research.
Subject: various instrumentation and parts questions
Date: Jul 03, 11:26 pm
Poster: Pierce Nichols
On Jul 03, 11:26 pm, Pierce Nichols wrote:
I'm close to ready to start turning my ideas into reality. I have some questions about sources of supply and construction of instrumentation.
First: can someone recommend a solid beginner's book on vacuum practice? I have worked in a physics lab on vacuum stuff, and did attempt to learn as much as possible, but it would be nice to have a complete reference.
Second: has anyone built a HV Langmuir probe, and how? Since I plan to go with a magnetized grid EXL machine, it's crucial that I be able to measure the voltage of the inner electron cloud in real time.
Third: how can I build my own HV feedthroughs? They are very expensive, and I'd like to build my own if they are not too difficult to build.
Fourth: can anyone suggest good sources for high-voltage, high-vacuum varnish?
Fifth: this is directed at Rich Hull -- what is the contact info for the place you had spin your hemispheres?
Sixth: this is directed at Gerald Morris -- how did you cast your inner grid? I want to go with a cast grid.
- Re: various instrumentation and parts questions - Richard Hull Jul 05, 09:16 am
- Re: various instrumentation and parts questions - Pierce Nichols Jul 05, 4:58 pm
- Re: various instrumentation and parts questions - Richard Hull Jul 06, 00:58 am
- Re: various instrumentation and parts questions - Jim Lux Jul 05, 8:07 pm
- Re: various instrumentation and parts questions - Pierce Nichols Jul 05, 6:33 pm