reversing polarity of a Glassman model LT from P to negative

This forum is for specialized infomation important to the construction and safe operation of the high voltage electrical supplies and related circuitry needed for fusor operation.
John Griessen

Re: reversing polarity of a Glassman model LT from P to negative

Post by John Griessen »

maybe looking at my schematic for the current sense in the two polarity options and how the jumpers are configured between polarities, might give you some clues in hacking your device
Yes, that might help.

The 2000 Watt LT has a HV section polyethylene or polypropylene white box to full width of 19" rack and 3.5" tall.

I've started looking at the schematics of the Glassman ER you made available, and a manual for the EW that I have. I'm turning the schematic pages into .pngs with improved readability compared to the original scans and rotated orientation to be readable on screen. I'll make those available in a bit.

Probably comparing ER and EW to the circuit boards and terminals and analog front panel of the LT power supply will help in reverse engineering it. I found the person at Glassman who was helpful with another model a few years ago has a linked in page, so I asked for a connection... maybe he can find a way to help again, but probably not. It's probably DIY reverse engineering from here out. Could take a while to budget and spend the time.
Dan Knapp

Re: reversing polarity of a Glassman model LT from P to negative

Post by Dan Knapp »

Any success on achieving this polarity conversion?

Return to “High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)”