F.I.C.S. Fusion a new concept in fusion

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Chris Bradley

Re: F.I.C.S. Fusion a new concept in fusion

Post by Chris Bradley »

Steven Sesselmann wrote:
> my point is that the fusion products He3 + n or T + P must be ejected diametrically. It is simply unthinkable that a lone particle would take off in a random direction at 2.4 MeV from a standing start.
> Now onto quantum tunnelling..., a particle will not tunnel through a potential barrier unless it can gain something by doing so, just as a prisoner will tunnel out of jail to gain his freedom (people on the outside hardly ever tunnel into a prison), so my hypothesis is, because the FICS cathode offers only one route of escape, the reactions that take place, are those that will have a dimetric axis aligned with the aperture.

I find that to be your most engaging hypothesis yet, Steven!

I'd like to make a couple of points, though:

Firstly, I don't see any reason to presume that tunnelling might not have taken place even if the outcome is 'null'. To use your anthropological examples, a shopper might well tunnel their way into the shop through queues in the sales, but find there is nothing there worth exchanging money with, and leave the shop in an unchanged state. Once tunnelled, it would seem evident that however the nucleii rearrange themselves into a 'fused product' that they may not always rearrange quick enough to 'take advantage' of the situation in an optimum way because we know that DD rarely ends up as 4He+hv, yet this is the lowest energy state outcome. (I'm not arguing for this point, only that I don't see a counter-argument for it.)

Secondly, there is one classic experiment in physics for which we are still scratching around for a proper answer, and what you have described I think is, actually, very similar and may even provide an extra 'data point' for. This is the classic 'single-photon-through-a-double-slit'. As you may know, you get an interference pattern if you pass monochromatic light through a slit. But if you turn down the light until individual photons are passing through the slits, they still preferentially deflect into the same diffraction pattern, even though there are no other photons in the space around the slits to interfere with.

Taking those two points together may be revealing. You are claiming that a freshly fused atom will have some form of interaction *dependent on* what will happen to its optimum energy state *in the future*. That is not a classic interpretation, but it is one that I have also hypothesised. This would be one hypothesis for the outcome of the double-slit experiment; that the photons are interfering with the other photons, but past-and-future, rather than to-left-and-right. It is a temporal interference, rather than a spatial one.

Your hypothesis appears to be that the quantum tunnelling and nuclear fusion process may behave selectively according to future, temporal, influences rather than just spatial ones. I think that is an interesting hypothesis, and would not be excluded if you see anisotropic neutrons.

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”