Adam Gordon - Update on Crude Demo Fusor

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Adam Gordon

Adam Gordon - Update on Crude Demo Fusor

Post by Adam Gordon »

Hi all,

Might be my last time here for a good while.
I came here in search of a way to build the one of the cheapest, crudest demo fusors. Despite the overall process of research and construction taking up the last three months, I enjoyed every moment. It was much more satisfying, seeing each part come together and finally form the desired result, then I had originally expected. Not to say the obstacles faced along the way weren't disheartening, there were frustrating moments to be sure but without a doubt they were worth it. I know that the experienced fusioneers here are probably used to images like the one I've included but I'm proud of it. This was probably the nicest picture I have of it anyway. I know its not perfect and there are probably more than a dozen suggestions on how to improve it based solely off the photo but without further ado here it is:
Demo Fusor Result.jpg
Without question, I wouldn't have been able to even begin this project without countless hours searching these forums and for that I thank you all. This entire project has been most likely the most educational and informative projects I've undertaken to date.
Perhaps one day I'll revisit the forums with my eyes on a neutron producer but for now so long and thanks for all the fish!

Adam Gordon
Dennis P Brown

Re: Adam Gordon - Update on Crude Demo Fusor

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Well, glad you both learned a great deal and had fun. My first attempt in building a vacuum system wasn't any different. You did successfully create the fifth state of matter! You should ask Richard to put you in the Plasma club.

Return to “Images du Jour”