Archived - HEAS 2005 Pictures

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Brian McDermott

Archived - HEAS 2005 Pictures

Post by Brian McDermott »

These are pictures from the HEAS event at Richard's house in Richmond. I wrote a lengthier description of the event in the general discussion forum.

1: Me operating Fusor IV. I was pretty much at the voltage wheel the whole time, while Richard worked the gas and vacuum system and Carl and Frank did radiation (neutron, x-ray and RF) measurements.

2: Richard Hull operating Fusor IV

3: Left to right- Carl Willis, Me, Brian Willard, Frank Sanns, Q, Dave Rosignoli, Richard Hull.

4: Carl Willis testing a Boron-lined neutron counter tube with the output from Fusor IV. I went home with this tube and wound up getting my checked baggage opened at the airport because it apparently looked suspicious under an x-ray machine.
Attachments
DSCN1693.JPG
DSCN1689.JPG
DSCN1687.JPG
DSCN1682.JPG
Richard Hull

Re: HEAS 2005 Pictures

Post by Richard Hull »

[attachment=0]Mvc-002x.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]Mvc-004x.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]Mvc-005x.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]Mvc-006x.jpg[/attachment]Brian, I will archive this as images of gatherings of Fusioneers from this group are significant. Thanks for throwing them up and starting this thread.

You are welcome to edit and expand the wording in your original post, if you wish. I would be curious about your impressions of the overall event.

We had a grand total of 47 people at the blast this year! These events run between 40 and 50 people each year. I try and limit it to 45, but sometimes fail at this task.

Meanwhile I throw my 0.9 megapixel images up here as well.

image 1 is the group shot of only those attendees who are on the fusor list.

Kneeling - front row Brian Willard, Frank Sanns, Q, Dave Rosignoli.
Back row: Carl Willis, Brain Mc Dermott, Richard Hull

Image 2 is a shot of Brian operating fusor IV. He pretty much ran the thing the entire evening as I was kept busy with gas control and vacuum valving of the system.

Image 3 a final image of Brian at the controls.

Image 4 Dave Rosignoli looks on as his lifter strains at its tethers in an attempt to punch a hole in my roof. ~32kv @ 1ma.

Fusor IV was operated at its highest level yet doing silver activation. This is the first activation by Fusor IV. I was most pleased. We did not quantify the emission, but ran for activation.
My He3 Counter collected 16,338 counts over its best 10 minute run. (background ~45 counts in 10 minutes.) I'll try and back figure that later.

Anyone else have reduced small memory images of the event to post? Put them here so it can all be assembled in this one thread.

For a more detailed exposition by other attendees, follow the thread at....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=797#p3704

Richard Hull
[attachment=3]Mvc-006x.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=3]Mvc-006x.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]Mvc-004x.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]Mvc-002x.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Mvc-002x.jpg
Mvc-004x.jpg
Mvc-005x.jpg
Mvc-006x.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Images du Jour”