Fusor V Chamber

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Richard Hull

Re: Fusor V Chamber

Post by Richard Hull »

I have actually had for the last 18 years in my lab two ten inch Braun 304 SS hemispheres and $700 dollar Lesker purchased, new 12 inch diameter CF rings in the original packing. I purchased these co-jointly with the 8" CF rings for fusor IV. Even those 8" rings would wait another 3 years before becoming part of fusor IV Again, looking ahead with big ideas for the ultimate 10" fusor!! There they sit buried in a far corner of the upstairs storage area in my lab to this day. All of that was when I worked and used the 2001 Braun and Lesker prices. Look at the prices today. I keep thinking if someone wants the challenge I would sell the lot for $800 at HEAS, but I demur for some unknown reason.

I would never bash a big chamber, just the big chamber that I showed in the original post here. If I ever built the 10" fusor it would be sensibly ported as fusor IV has been.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”